Friday, July 16, 2010

BEHS 2009 Before/After

Horses have been a passion of mine since before I have memory. When I was a kid, if someone had give me an option of spending a month at Disney World and just one week on a ranch working horses, my boots woulda been packed and Mickey kicked to the curb. About six years ago, I found a group of people associated with an organization that not only shared my love of all things equine but worked to save, rehab and rehome abused, neglected and abandoned horses.

This group of people later became Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society (BEHS) and through them I've learned and done things with these animals I never thought possible. If you had told me 10 years ago that I would ever get into a stall with a horse and administer meds through an IV into his eye, I would have asked where you got whatever it was you were drinking. But I've done that and many other things I never thought I'd do.

Among this group is a wonderful lady by the name of Norma. Every year Norma documents some of the horses from the point of rescue through rehabilitation. She puts music to her pictures and comes up with a kind of video yearbook. The following is 2009. Some of the before pictures are heartbreaking but the after pictures? Oh wow, that's what it's all about.

Please watch and if you're able, click on the link and see what you can do to help.


Before & After 2009

Norma | MySpace Video

No comments:

Post a Comment